Saturday 16 July 2016

DunRun 2016 is today

The new tracking page is giving me grey hairs ... OK ... more grey hairs.

As far as we can see, we've set it up correctly, and the location dots are appearing on my phone, within the Spot app, but for some reason they just don't seem to be transferring to the public SpotWalla page :( This could be because the secure zone around our house has 'grown' and it will all be OK once Nick sets off to the DunRun start, or it could be something else that will make it impossible to see him during the ride. We just don't have the time for him to do a ride many km's from home to test it out.

The van is ready to go, the bike is ready to go, the camera still needs to be checked and batteries recharged, and, I've bought an WiFi SD card recently that I need to put in and check/figure out how to use, and I also need to figure out what lenses I'm going to take. I'm hoping for some lovely bikes/people on the beach shots with a gorgeous sunrise in the background. May not happen because there is going to be a lot of cloud cover, which will rather detract from the almost full moon-ness of the night.

We've also been trying to find an SMS notification that may wake me up, so that if the Spot Tracker sends me an SOS message, I'll hear it. Its been a laugh, and have eventually settled on a bugle call ... the fire engine was a close second!


No comments:

Post a Comment